Bachelor of Arts
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
The language of instruction is German.
Our students acquire both a solid grounding and more extensive field expertise in Business Administration. They become equipped to work scientifically and think analytically. Thanks to their training in analytical skills our graduates are in a position to recognise problems in the work situation at an early stage, relate these to a conceptual framework and, applying business administration instruments developed on scientific principles, analyse them and recommend appropriate courses of action. Our students thus become adept at responding confidently to the ever-changing problems of professional life and resolving these with scientific methods.
Degree course content
- Contents of semesters 1 to 3: Introduction to economics, management studies, investment and financing, marketing and innovation management, external and internal accounting (including balance-sheet analysis and controlling), business taxes, mathematics/statistics, business computing, civil law and commercial law, market theory and industrial economics, macroeconomics, business English, academic skills
- Required electives from semester 3: Foreign languages (business English/Spanish)
- Contents of semesters 4 to 6: Personnel and organisation, strategic management, Labour Law, European law and corporate law, international management, personnel and management skills (project management/business start-ups/intercultural management/conflict and negotiation training)
- Extended business administration – national: Marketing strategy, health economics, services management, management of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Extended business administration – international: International financial markets, international production and logistics in the global context, international accounting, SAP for logistics and production
The course of studies incorporates a 7-week internship in Germany and a 12-week internship abroad.
The Department of Economics at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences invites students from abroad to take part in the International Business Administration course on Stendal campus from October 2018 to January 2019.
Are you interested in taking part in an international course in Germany? Would you like to study in English and earn credits? This is a great chance for you! The program aims to enhance your professional as well as your intercultural competencies. You will learn about culture-specific market conditions and analyze economic forces. Moreover, through intercultural teamwork you will get to know different communication approaches and modes of dealing with other (academic) cultures.
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.