Bachelor of Arts
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
Our students acquire both a solid grounding and more extensive field expertise in Business Administration. They become equipped to work scientifically and think analytically. Thanks to their training in analytical skills our graduates are in a position to recognise problems in the work situation at an early stage, relate these to a conceptual framework and, applying business administration instruments developed on scientific principles, analyse them and recommend appropriate courses of action. Our students thus become adept at responding confidently to the ever-changing problems of professional life and resolving these with scientific methods.
Degree course content
- Contents of semesters 1 to 3: Introduction to economics, management studies, investment and financing, marketing and innovation management, external and internal accounting (including balance-sheet analysis and controlling), business taxes, mathematics/statistics, business computing, civil law and commercial law, market theory and industrial economics, macroeconomics, business English, academic skills
- Required electives from semester 3: Foreign languages (business English/Spanish)
- Contents of semesters 4 to 6: Personnel and organisation, strategic management, Labour Law, European law and corporate law, international management, personnel and management skills (project management/business start-ups/intercultural management/conflict and negotiation training)
- Extended business administration – national: Marketing strategy, health economics, services management, management of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Extended business administration – international: International financial markets, international production and logistics in the global context, international accounting, SAP for logistics and production
The course of studies incorporates a 7-week internship in Germany and a 12-week internship abroad.
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.