Bachelor of Engineering
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
The language of instruction is German.
Graduates of this programme gain the necessary expertise to think and act as both technically trained engineers and commercially trained business administrators. They are well equipped for problem-solving which requires a combination of these two particular qualifications.
Degree course content
- Semesters 1 to 4: Fundamentals of mathematics, natural sciences and EDM, fundamentals of economics and general business administration, fundamentals of engineering (materials technology, technical mechanics, fundamentals of electro-technology, computer science, design and drives)
- Semesters 5 and 6: Mandatory modules in the chosen fields of concentration in the fields of mechanical engineering or electro-technology; elective modules in the fields of technology, economics and interdisciplinary principles.
An internship prior to the course is not currently a prerequisite, but evidence must be furnished that an eight-week period has been completed by the time of registration for the examination in programme semester 4. It is therefore recommended to complete at least parts of this placement before the degree course begins.
In addition, the course of studies includes an internship semester with an industry placement in full-time employment of at least 12 weeks.
A higher education entrance qualification is a general prerequisite for admittance to the programme of study. International applicants must provide proof of educational qualifications that permit study in Germany (school-leaving certificate, certificate of university attendance). The anabin database provides information about the validation of foreign educational qualifications.
The language of instruction is German. Foreign applicants must prove they have adequate knowledge of German. Evidence of the necessary German language skills can be provided in the form of:
- Goethe Certificate C2
- DSD II
- DSH II
- TestDaF (minimun 16 total points & minimun level 3 in the examination modules)
- TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- evidence of having passed the entrance examination at a preparatory college
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the specified admission requirements may contact a preparatory college (‘Studienkolleg’). These specifically prepare foreign applicants for a course of study in Germany. Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences does not have its own preparatory college. The state-run preparatory college responsible for our institution is located at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen.
An overview of all preparatory colleges in Germany can be found here.
In Magdeburg you can find a private preparatory college: Europäisches Studienkolleg der Wirtschaft (ESKW)
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.