Bachelor of Engineering
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
The language of instruction is German.
Civil Engineering includes planning, calculating, constructing and overseeing engineered structures both above and below the ground. The Bachelor’s degree course leads to a primary degree conferring a professional qualification as a Civil Engineer, which entitles the holder to take on leadership positions in the construction industry and building trade and to gain further academic qualifications.
The course of studies builds sound expertise in the areas of specific relevance to construction professions as well as the ability to work independently in accordance with scientific methods.
Degree course content
- Contents of semesters 1 and 2: Structural design, mathematics, structural physics, building material studies – chemistry of building, statics, construction informatics – descriptive geometry, surveying, construction business – construction industry, engineering geology and hydromechanics
- Contents of semesters 3 to 7: Statics, geotechnics, steel structures, reinforced concrete structures, building renovation, wood structures, construction informatics – FEM, construction business – construction industry, hydraulic engineering and water management, pre-stressed concrete structures, traffic engineering, building services engineering, project studies in construction management or constructive engineering, English, free-choice subjects from the fields of building restoration, construction business, and project management in traffic, geotechnical and foundation engineering.
The course includes a 20-week internship in the fifth semester.
A higher education entrance qualification is a general prerequisite for admittance to the programme of study. International applicants must provide proof of educational qualifications that permit study in Germany (school-leaving certificate, certificate of university attendance). The anabin database provides information about the validation of foreign educational qualifications.
The language of instruction is German. Foreign applicants must prove they have adequate knowledge of German. Evidence of the necessary German language skills can be provided in the form of:
- the ‘Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom’ or ‘Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom’, or
- the Goethe Institute’s ‘Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung’
- the ‘Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe II’ or
- the ‘deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH Stufe 2)’, or
- ‘TestDaF, (minimun 16 total points and level 3 in the examination modules) or
- ‘TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule’ or
- proof of having passed the entrance examination at a preparatory college.
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the specified admission requirements may contact a preparatory college (‘Studienkolleg’). These specifically prepare foreign applicants for a course of study in Germany. Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences does not have its own preparatory college. The state-run preparatory college responsible for our institution is located at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen.
An overview of all preparatory colleges in Germany can be found here.
In Magdeburg you can find a private preparatory college: Europäisches Studienkolleg der Wirtschaft (ESKW)
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.