Bachelor of Engineering
First Cycle Programmes
Start of studies
The programme begins each winter semester.
Applicants with foreign certificates please apply till 31 July via uni-assist e.V..
Standard period of study
The standard period of study is 7 semesters.
No restricted admission
The language of instruction is German.
The course of studies prepares students for work in the modern electrotechnical fields of power, communications and industrial control engineering in both the private and public sectors. The spectrum of potential occupations ranges from design, calculation, planning, manufacturing, research and development, commissioning, operation, marketing, sales and management of technical systems and equipment.
Degree Course Content
In seven semesters, the Bachelor's degree programme in Electrical Engineering builds comprehensive practice-oriented knowledge and competencies for the demanding spectrum of modern energy, communication and automation technologies.
- Core subjects: Mathematics, physics, technical mechanics, materials science, fundamentals of electrical engineering, electronics, electrical metrology, computer science/digital technology, signals and systems, fundamentals of energy technology, fundamentals of communication technology, fundamentals of automation technology, embedded microcomputer systems, software engineering, business administration/marketing, project management
Fields of Concentration
- Electric and renewable energy supply: Renewable and electric energy plant technology, electric energy supply, power electronics, electric machines and drives, renewable energies/wind turbines, high-voltage engineering, photovoltaics, network analysis, load on electric energy plants
- Industrial automation technology: Process metrology, sensor technology, control engineering, control technology, power electronics, actuation technology/e-machines and drives, process control technology, modelling and simulation, automation technology seminars
- IT and communication networks: Digital signal processing, messaging technology, high frequency technology/EMC, communication electronics, optical transmission technology, data communication, IT networks and protocols, Next Generation networks
An internship prior to the course is not currently a prerequisite, but evidence must be furnished that an eight-week period has been completed by the time of registration for the examination in programme semester 4. It is therefore recommended to complete at least parts of this placement before the degree course begins. In addition, the course of studies includes an internship semester with an industry placement in full-time employment for a duration of at least 12 weeks.
A higher education entrance qualification is a general prerequisite for admittance to the programme of study. International applicants must provide proof of educational qualifications that permit study in Germany (school-leaving certificate, certificate of university attendance). The anabin database provides information about the validation of foreign educational qualifications.
The language of instruction is German. Foreign applicants must prove they have adequate knowledge of German. Evidence of the necessary German language skills can be provided in the form of:
- the ‘Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom’ or ‘Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom’, or
- the Goethe Institute’s ‘Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung’
- the ‘Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe II’ or
- the ‘deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH Stufe 2)’, or
- ‘TestDaF, (minimun 16 total points and level 3 in the examination modules) or
- ‘TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule’ or
- proof of having passed the entrance examination at a preparatory college.
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the specified admission requirements may contact a preparatory college (‘Studienkolleg’). These specifically prepare foreign applicants for a course of study in Germany. Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences does not have its own preparatory college. The state-run preparatory college responsible for our institution is located at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen.
An overview of all preparatory colleges in Germany can be found here.
In Magdeburg you can find a private preparatory college: Europäisches Studienkolleg der Wirtschaft (ESKW)
When should you apply and what should your application include? Learn more about our application procedures and deadlines.