- The University
- Routes to the University
- Why studying at Magdeburg-Stendal University?
Why studying at Magdeburg-Stendal University?
Find out, why Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences is the best choice for you – for a stay abroad as well as a degree study programme.
Aren't you convinced yet?
Find out even more reasons why Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences is the right choice for you:
- The University offers very well equipped teaching and research rooms as well as libraries etc. on both sites. On most degree programmes there is also a very good staff-to-student ratio so that personal contact is possible.
- We support your introduction to studying and everyday life: in addition to the Late Summer School before every winter semester there is the Buddy Programme for international students and the “Tutorium Internationales”, where international and German students can get to know each other and exchange views on each others cultures.
- Students feel very at ease at our University: for example, 81% of those surveyed stated that they were glad or very glad to be studying here. (Studienqualitätsmonitor 2010).
- Stendal is a historical hanseatic city, but the campus with its approximately 1,500 students is very new and compact. This means that all campus facilities are conveniently nearby, and gives the campus a family atmosphere.
- Magdeburg is a student city with a combined total of over 18,000 students at its two universities. Leisure time can be enjoyed in the many cafes, pubs and clubs or making the most of sporting and cultural activities including cinema, theatre, exhibitions, concerts, museums and much more.
- Magdeburg has also developed into a centre of research with a host of research institutes and networks. This allows insights into research practice, e.g. in the course of an internship.