PROMOS scholarship - Funding of foreign visits
Through the PROMOS Mobility programme, Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences facilitates shorter overseas visits (up to six months) using funds provided by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the German Academic Exchange (DAAD). Through the scholarship, the university is seeking to increase the international mobility of students and support high quality projects abroad.
Attention! Important update on the regulation in the PROMOS program 2020 in use with travel restrictions due to the coronavirus
Due to the current situation with regard to the coronavirus and the associated worldwide travel warning issued by the German Foreign Office, the DAAD has instructed not to fund any stays abroad at present. However, the selection procedure for the second half of the year can still take place, but suitable candidates for the Promos Scholarship can currently only be placed on reserve lists and funding can only be resumed when the situation allows it.
What is funded?
Study scholarships (1 to 6 months)
- short.term scholarships (for example for a final thesis) as well as scholarships for stays of up to six months
- semester scholarships in the ERASMUS+ region (EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey) are only available where there is no existing ERASMUS cooperation. An exception to this is students who have already had a course of studies funded by the ERASMUS+ programme who are not entitled to further ERASMUS+ funding.
Internships (6 weeks to 6 months)
- In principle, internships can be funded worldwide.
- Internships in the ERASMUS+ region (see: study scholarships) cannot be funded due to overlaps with the ERASMUS internship programme. An exception to this is students who have already had an internship funded by ERASMUS+ who are not entitled to further ERASMUS+ funding.
Language courses (3 weeks to 6 months)
- Language courses at state universities abroad that are relevant to the student´s specialist course of study may be funded worldwide.
Specialist courses (up to 6 months)
- Participation in a specialist courses that are offered by universities or scientific organisations abroad can be funded worldwide
Who can receive funding?
This programme is targeted at qualified students of all subjects who are enrolled on a regular basis at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Scienes.
Applications for a Bachelor´s degree programmes are possible from the 2nd semester of study; for language courses and Master´s programmes, applications may be made from the first semester of study.
Funding may only be awarded if there is no travel warning for the relevant region from the Federal Foreign Office.
For further information, please see the call for PROMOS applications.
When and where can I apply?
Applications deadlines for stays during the 2020/2021 academic year:
- 15.11.2020 for stays from January 2021
Applications can only be made via the online portal
Scholarship recipients are selected by the university´s own PROMOS committee
Which documents do I need to submit?
The details of the programme and the applications documents required can be found in the call for PROMOS applications
Please also use the PROMOS checklist to help you draw up your scholarshiü applicaiton
How do I obtain a language certificate?
If you are currently undertaking a relevant foreign language course at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences, you can have a certificate issued by the course leader. The language certificate should contain information about your proficiency in the main official language in the host country.
Should you possess a language certificate such as TOEFL, DELE or similiar, obtained within last 2 years, you can also submit this with your application.
Any student not covered by this may take an English, French or Spanish language test at the Berlitz Language School in Magdeburg. This test cost 55 euros. You will be given a receipt, which you can then submit to the International Office of Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences for the reimbursement.
Tel: +49 (0)391 541 4688
For reimbursement, please submit the following application, the receipt for the language test fee and proof of the reasin for having the language certificate issued. The PROMOS application itselft, or reference to a PROMOS application that has already been submitted, will be accepted as proof.
Application portal for a PROMOS scholarship
You can download pre-printed forms for the other documents that are required here:
for study visits:
Please also note: